Atma Kriya Yoga comes from the ancient tradition of Kriya Yoga and Bhakti Yoga. These powerful yoga and meditation techniques were known by many Great Yogic Masters of ancient times and have now been brought back into the world by Mahavatar Babaji and Sri Swami Vishwananda.
Atma means Soul. The Atma is a constant, uninterrupted source of happiness, peace and love. Kriya means action, consciousness, awareness and Yoga means Unity with Divine. Atma Kriya yoga aims to have all your thoughts and actions consciously in tune with your soul and unfolds the true meaning of who you really are which is unconditional love. This love is part of the human nature but can not be expressed in words or seen with physical eyes or understood with the mind. Only your Heart can understand this love. The Soul is longing for you to experience this love …for you to awaken to your real nature. Atma Kriya yoga is like a key to unlock this love already present in you. Atma kriya yoga it is not a religion, it’s for everyone independent of cultures, religions or backgrounds. We are all eternal drops of the divine ocean even if we speak different languages…
Atma Kriya yoga is a combination of yoga and meditation techniques which are very simple but very powerful. It helps to awaken the divine Love and supports your body, mind and soul. The techniques are: Mantras, Pranayamas, Kriyas, Trinity Meditation, Mudras, Asanas, Opening and Closing chakras, Om Chanting and finally the Shaktipat.
Techniques Covered in the Course
- Japa Kriya: Japa Kriya is the mantra meditation in Atma Kriya Yoga. It is a very fast way to calm the mind and make it more positive.
- Trinity Meditation: Using the same mantra as in Japa Kriya, Trinity Meditation covers the body with Divine Consciousness, as it starts to transform our negative traits into Divine qualities, which then radiate to all within a radius of up to one kilometre.
- Nada Kriya: Nada Kriya is an ancient meditation technique which helps the Sadhak hear the Primordial Sound, OM.
- OM Chanting: is the ancient, powerful group healing technique of the Rishis that is thousands of years old. It uses the cosmic vibration of OM to heal ourselves, others and Mother Earth.
- Pranayamas: In Atma Kriya Yoga we practice very powerful breathing exercises, called pranayamas. This techniques energizes, purifies and strengthens the subtle energetic fields and propel us on our spiritual journey.
- Asanas: Mahavatar Babaji has given us five simple, yet effective asanas to support our physical health.
- Mudras: These are “short cuts” to achieving supreme happiness. The two mudras taught in Atma Kriya Yoga are immensely powerful and focus on the spiritual upliftment of the Sadhak.
- Shielding the chakras: Mahavatar Babaji knows that we are naturally affected by the different energies in our environment, some of which support us and some of which do not. Mahavatar Babaji has given us this technique to practice when we wake up in the morning and when we go to sleep at night. By shielding our chakras, we are protected from negative energies and other negative influences.
- The Main Kriya: The Main Kriya purifies, uplifts and harmonises every cell of our being. It connects us to our soul, and helps us live in unity with our Highest Self. It is a very powerful technique for burning lifetimes of karma. One Main Kriya breath evolves the practitioner at the same rate as a normal person evolves in 1 whole year.
OM is the primordial sound, the source of all other sounds, and the source of all creation. Tuning in to OM brings about inner peace, mental clarity, emotional freedom and physical health. This wave of peace creates a harmonious, peaceful environment and a unity between humans and nature. OM Chanting it’s the only technique of Atma Kriya Yoga that can be practiced by anyone and does not require the Shaktipat Initiation. If you are interested in learning more, please visit www.omchanting.org
By chanting OM in a specifically arranged group of people, the healing power of OM is greatly increased. Being immersed in this vibration facilitates the release of negative emotions, thoughts and energies, thereby bringing about profound healing. This healing process transforms all aspects of our being – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.